07 July 2016

Diogo Jota: My playing style is similar to Griezmann’s


Latest signing praises Atleti spirit

My article for MARCA




Atletico Madrid's latest signing, the Portuguese attacking midfielder Diogo Jota, believes his style is similar to that of his new teammate Antoine Griezmann.

The 19 year-old was one of the sensations of the Portuguese Primeira Liga last term - his first in the senior side at Pacos de Ferreira -netting 14 times in all competitions as his club punched above their weight to finish seventh.

Jota praised the 'one-for-all' spirit that Diego Simeone has instilled at the Champions League runners-up and is thrilled to have the chance to show his talents on a bigger stage.

"I'm quick on the ball and like to attack with aggression, and one of my best qualities is the range of goals I'm capable of scoring, be it with my head, left foot, or right," he said.

"I love watching Griezmann play, and I think we have some similarities, even in terms of physical appearance.”

Jota went on to express admiration for the unity of purpose at his new club.

"There is a real family spirt at Atletico, when someone gets past one player, suddenly there are two there to cover.

"They all fight for each other and there is a real sense of solidarity."

ORIGINAL ARTICLE HERE AT MARCA IN ENGLISH

No comments: