18 July 2016

Ex-Real defender Cicinho talks of booze obsession

Confesses to seeing Jesus Christ while drunk and alcoholism

My piece for MARCA



In an interview due to be published later this week, the former Real Madrid and Roma wing-back Cicinho has laid bare the full extent of his battles with alcohol.

Now plying his trade with Sivasspor in Turkey the player was also critical of the current generation of players in the national side.

"The worse things got, the more I would drink," he told EPSN Brasil.”

I couldn't just stop at one or two, I'd have to drink until I collapsed."The 36 year old describes the events of one particularly heavy day's drinking.

"I had an encounter with Jesus one time after knocking back 18 caipirinhas and 14 beers," he said.

He also confessed to being less than impressed with his successors in the Brazil team following their group stage exit in this years Copa America.


"Today all they seem to care about is taking selfies, there were even players asking not be picked for the Copa."

ORIGINAL ARTICLE HERE AT MARCA IN ENGLISH

No comments: