14 July 2016

Froome: Team car was minutes behind, I had to run

Yellow jersey retained after chaotic scenes

My piece in MARCA





controversial collision with a motorcycle, Team Sky's British rider Chris Froome remains in possession of the yellow jersey following the latest stage of this year's Tour de France.

The Brit crashed just one kilometre short of the end of the stage in Provence and looked to have lost the overall lead but was eventually reinstated at the head of the field with a 47 second advantage.

"Ventoux is full of surprises, just before the end we hit a motorcycle and another behind then broke my bike," the rider recounted.

"I knew the team car was several minutes behind me so I had to make a run for it.


"But I'm grateful for the verdict of the stewards, it was the right call."


ORIGINAL ARTICLE HERE AT MARCA IN ENGLISH

No comments: